Mytek Audio introduces the Empire DAC/Streamer/Preamplifier, the flagship of the new “Empire” Series
New York, Sept. 14, 2020
Mytek Audio proudly introduces the EMPIRE DAC/Streamer/Preamplifier; An "all out" assault on the state-of-the-art, the EMPIRE establishes Mytek as a top echelon player at the top of high end audio products category. The Streamer is “Powered by RoonOS” and features internal Roon Core that can drive both the ultra-high performance EMPIRE DAC and external Roon endpoints. There is a dual mono fully balanced differential analog preamplifier with an ultra quiet phono stage for both MC and MM cartridges. Going one step further, a high current, dual mono, fully balanced headphone amplifier is part of this extraordinary package.
The heart and soul of this state-of-the-art component is the new on-board Empire DAC which represents the highest performance and most musically engaging Mytek DAC ever. Built around two highest performance Sabre 9038Pro DAC chipsets, this dual mono fully balanced circuit is capable of 32-bit/768kHz PCM, DSD512 and MQA while achieving dynamic range greater than 133dB. DAC and Preamplifier functions are controlled by a brand new MytekOS Platform, offering new functionality via easy software upgrades, gradually released in the future as the Platform progresses.
Mytek Digital enters the "cost no object" digital arena
The EMPIRE streamer is a new Product Category, which combines state of the art analog design with modern digital, wifi and internet ready, control platform in one great sounding, easy to use functional device. It’s draws from nearly 3 decades of award winning digital audio engineering and manufacturing experience coupled with future visionary software driven products. This represents the very finest one box solution for both music lovers and audiophiles, all housed in a chassis milled from a single block of aircraft grade aluminum. Furthermore, as a result of both its modular hardware design and software based platform, the EMPIRE Streamer can be easily described as "future proof". EMPIRE Series will be extended with an addition of similarly constructed EMPIRE Monoblock Amplifiers planned for 2021.
EMPIRE DAC/Streamer/Preamplifier Significant Design Features:
● ”Powered by Roon OS” Streamer built in. Operated either via front panel touchscreen or Roon Remote on a smart device.
All regular Roon functionality, with access to all online streaming services and local content. Ability to play to all endpoints.
● Cost no object dual mono all balanced audio path in analog and DAC circuits. 3 oversized linear power supplies for digital, for the left and right DAC/analog circuitry, each using shielded low noise toroidal transformer with automatic adjustment to 100-240VAC.
● 7 analog preamplifier inputs (including state of the art M/M, M/C nickel xformer based phono pre), 2 analog pre balanced inputs, each input with adjustable input sensitivity, 2 independently selectable outputs, both balanced and RCA.
● Digital DAC inputs includes: Streamer, SPDIF, AES/EBU, Optical, USB2, HDMI (2-channel), all w PCM DSD and MQA.
● Digital Streamer outputs: SPDIF, USB2, HDMI (2 - 8 channel), Ethernet and WiFi.
● Storage: Internal 8TB SSD. Accepts all external USB3, USBC and Network drives.
● Built in MytekOS DAC/Preamplifier Platform allows for future functional upgrades and new DSP features of the DAC/Preamplifier to be released throughout the life of the product. There will be 3 stages of development and functionality:
1) Upon shipping: Firmware V1.0: Fully functional Roon OS Streamer with complete DAC output playback, volume control.
2) Q2 2021: Firmware V2.0: as above plus full preamplifier functionality (enables functionality of already built in hardware)
3) Q4 2021: Firmware V3.0: as above plus “a la carte” hi-res DSP features. Details TBA
● Chassis: Silver or Black, Dimensions: (w x h x d): 17" x 3.5" x 14” / Weight: 20 lbs.
● Companion Empire Monoblock Amplifiers (8.5” wide) to be released Q2, 2021. Details TBA
The first Empire Streamer units will become available in Dec. 2020 with shipping in quantities by Feb. 2021
MSRP of $19 995 in U.S. or € $19 995 (VAT incl) in E.U.